Thursday, September 20, 2012

Not the Best News


Elise was goofing around and hurt her foot. Come to find out - it's broken. Here's some details from an email she sent me.....

"All went bad. very very bad. I have what is called a jones fracture.. It isn't able to heal because in the place the fracture is, there is not enough blood supply to heal. I have two choices. I can completely put no weight on it at all for 6 weeks. (there is a 40% chance that it will not heal)... knowing me, i wont be able to completely not put weight on my foot for 6 weeks. especially when i dont have pain (THEE ONLY plus!) OR choice number two is to have surgery to put a screw in my bone to align it and allow more blood flow, allowing it to heal. this has a 95% heal rate.. If I try to heal it naturally without surgery and it doesn't heal. I have to then have surgery and stay off my foot even longer. :/ I have until tomorrow morning to decide. But I think i am going to go with the surgery..
Other than this little hick-up. My life is fantastic!!"
 
So - I'm sure she would like some sympathy - maybe a lot of sympathy. I sure would!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

bad bad bad

Laurie said...

Oh Elise - that sounds awful. Six weeks, ha? Does that get you mobile before the.pub crawl? ;)